Thread: Completely new to Android - Interested in rooting

Share/Bookmark
    Thanks

Default Completely new to Android - Interested in rooting

Im new to Android, but im tech savvy, so I know I want root.

Here are my issues: The How-Tos are kind of scant on detail... they're talking about soem SDK directory, and some other stuff... Im guessing they're for people already familiar with rooting.

Anyways, here are things I wanna know:

The complete start from scratch step by step on how to do this. What files I gotta download, where do I have to place to them... That kind of stuff. I was reading about opening a Command Prompt and telling to change some directoy and im like ok wth?

And secondly, I wanna know all about the ROMs. Where I can find where they're all at, the popular ones, which ones make my phone run the smoothest, give it the coolest features, etc. I read a lot about cupcakes and donuts and froyos and it is making no sense to me lol. Any light shed on this would be great.

Thanks for your time =]

Thanks

Default Re: Completely new to Android - Interested in rooting

The SDK has some files in it that you can use to connect your phone to the computer and rooted by your computer.

Check out our rom database at our website. It has the latest roms for any android device. What phone do you have?

Thanks

Takes a lot of reading and researching but doing searches in forums and Google will get you where you wanna be, have patience and perseverence! Welcome to the Android rooting world! Feel free to ask as many questions as needed, users like myself are always ready to answer!

GOOD LUCK!
    T-Mobile MyTouch 3G Slide, ROOT
    Baseband: 47.41.35.10U_7.09.35.10
    Kernel: 2.6.29.6-cyanogenmod
    shade@toxygene #1
    Mod Version: CyanogenMod-6.0.0-Slide-RC1
    Build #: FRF91

http://www.Twitter.com/TheGateCEO

Administrator
    Thanks

All good questions and I know when I got started it was a little overwhelming. Id be more then happy to help. We do need to know what device you have to point you in the right direction.

Thanks

No matter what anyone says... read read read. It will help you make not make mistakes. I literally read forums for a week straight when I rooted my g1.