This is a no nonsense ROM. It's basically a mix of the ION DEV ROM - and the JFv1.51 ROM, loaded with extra features.
It's build to run smooth, not to look pretty ^^
* root (duh)
* Multi-language : Deutsch, English, Espanol, Francais, Italiano
* ION 1.6 Donut base
* Tether support
* Recompiled kernel RAv1.6.2 :
o AOSP Donut kernel source
o No MT support
o Removed debugging
o CPU FREQ ONDEMAND MAX=528000
o CPU FREQ ONDEMAND MIN=384000
* HTC Hero keyboard
* Vodafone audio parameter settings (more clear audio)
* Added apps :
o Wireless Tether 1.60-pre3
o Superuser Permissions (zinx's)
o SIM Toolkit
o Dev Tools
o NetSpeed (Hidden)
o Term (Hidden)
* Busybox v1.15.3
* Many awesome JFv1.51 addons (See changelog for details)
* Automatic APN configuration
* Huge APN list
Frequently Asked Questions
0. What did you change compared to the previous version?!
See the attached Changelog!
1. Will this work on the Dream (G1)?
No - I have no plans to support it.
2. I get errors while applying the update?!
ALWAYS check the md5sum to make sure the zip isn't corrupted.
3. I get "Verification failed" when applying the update.
Use a custom recovery with test-keys to apply the update.
4. Do I have to wipe?
Yes - I advise everyone to wipe to avoid issues.
If you're upgrading from a previous RAv1.6.x-ROM a wipe is not mandatory. If weird things happen, try wiping anyway before reporting issues.
5. I can't get adb/fastboot to work on my windows/mac/linux/hackingtosh?!
This question is not related to this ROM, please post your question in the general section so people can help you.
6. Battery life really sucks on this ROM.
Try scaling the CPU speed down manually.
7. Could you please release a new version with different CPU speed settings?
No - download a cpu-speed setting app and configure it yourself.
8. Application x is not working on your ROM!
Check if that application is Donut compliant.
9. Will you include more languages?
10. How do I change the HTC_IME language?
Check out this awesome blog : http://ostebaronen.dk/?p=190. If the keyboard doesn't change your language is probably not implemented.
11. I want the LatinIME keyboard back!
Grab it from a Donut ROM and push it to /system/app.
12. Will you include HTC exchange support?
No - I don't want to implement the HTC framework.
13. Will you release a lite-version of this ROM?
No - You can manually remove the apps you don't need from /system/app.
14. I can't install the media pack!
It's a normal zip file, just unzip it to the root of your SD-card.
15. Where can I find theme's for this ROM?
Check the theme section, MontAlbert ported some nice themes here : http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=544625
16. Does this ROM support Apps-to-sd, Compcache, Multi-touch, ...?
If it's not mentioned in the "supported features section" it's probably not supported ;)
17. I found a bug / I've a request or question, what should I do?!
Just post it in this thread, and I'll try to help you. Please don't send me a PM, I'll most probably not read it anyway.
18. Why don't you answer my question?
Because it's already answered in this FAQ.
19. When will you release a new version?
When it's ready. 1 day of delay for each time someone asks me.
Latest : (G for 32B / H for 32A)
* RAv1.6.3H (Mirror) - MD5Sum: C25C9EA9E3318FEA270C02F937D3F2A7
* RAv1.6.3G (Mirror) - MD5Sum: BF65462A254E6EC523B9B961D0FD2A60
Old versions :
* RAv1.6.2H (Mirror) - MD5Sum: 359A7EA45699BB1624D75190AE011C9B
* RAv1.6.2G (Mirror) - MD5Sum: 37F55488085291D9EC34AD20FF3D2E86
* RAv1.6.1H (Mirror) - MD5Sum: 44DF679751831CD994B15E29E19A998B
* RAv1.6.1G (Mirror) - MD5Sum: 10429471B4938AB413A8FC7AED18E36E
* RAv1.2.1H - MD5Sum: E08D0A38BCCADAE416F644EE9D370D8B
* RAv1.2.0H - MD5Sum: 5BE16F6A197A774057782F65E6518EE6
* RAv1.1.0H - MD5Sum: E88D926018B5EA273CD01DE7C934D5C5
* RAv1.0.1H - MD5Sum: 0626982032F475B6B5A96B8AEAC96968
MT-patches : (G for 32B / H for 32A)
* MTpatch-RA-IONv1.6.3H (Mirror) - MD5Sum: 399F0097AE4435673FAEFE6A5F771E2F
* MTpatch-RA-IONv1.6.3G (Mirror) - MD5Sum: 2018CC7602A9E9692829CCE44140F04A
* Theme-Template-RA-IONv1.6.3 (Mirror) - MD5Sum: 0CA3A4A64602A06A1942FE7C5376246E
Media-Pack : Contains heaps of ring tones and Carrier wallpapers
* Media-Pack v1 - MD5Sum: 2EB241CC673487B1B58BFF3BB34C250F
Check out these awesome theme ports by MontAlbert and Wysie^^
Special thanks to :
* Loccy for his Alternative Browser, thanks
* Regunus and Wysie for beta testing!
* MontAlbert for all his suggestions, beta testing and porting themes ^^
* Wysie for his great themes ^^
* SimonNWalker for hosting ^^
* TigerTael for all his work and help on the kernel, Thanks man!!!
* Gboddina for his help and tips on compiling the kernel
* Cyanogen for his dedicated work and help! , buy him a beer!
* JesusFreke for his awesome ROMs donate
* Tim Strazzere for creating the PDFviewer patch and maintaining a very usefull blog
* Haykuro for finding the HTC offsets ^^ , buy him a Nesquik!